As Sydney’s leading Digital Marketing Agency,
we know that for many businesses choosing
the right digital agency to meet your business
goals, isn’t always easy.
So to assist that decision-making process, we have created this insightful article,
which outlines key questions you should be asking prospective agencies.
ASK AND THOU SHALL RECEIVE
When engaging an agency to look after one of your most essential business elements,
digital marketing, you should know the A-to-Z of who they are and what they can offer.
A good agency will expect you to ask as many questions as you desire, so you should feel
comfortable to fire away.
STRENGTH IN STRATEGY
Sure, you want an agency that knows media channels inside and out,
but the way they approach and deploy digital marketing strategy is
where their real worth lies.
CUSTOM IS KEY
When presented with a strategy it’s important to ask the agency why they believe it will work
and ask to see some practical examples of strategic-based success. You’re not purchasing a
rain poncho where one size fits all, so suitability is key here. Ensure the strategy delivers long-term
results rather than flash in the pan activity with a short shelf life.
FROM GOOD TO GREAT
Good results take time, so align your expectations accordingly to ensure total satisfaction.
Sure, you may see some inspiring results to begin with, however the real value is found in results
that appear a few weeks or even months down the line.
ALL IN THE FAMILY
It’s important to be invested in the success of your campaign. So ask your agency how you
can assist in the road to that success. Remember, your new agency is essential an extension
of your team, so welcome them in and share as much of your resources and knowledge as possible.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE?
All successful campaigns and executions are underpinned by insightful data and your agency
should be happy to share this data with you.
PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING
Reports will vary depending on channels and strategies, so ask your agency about the type
of reports you will be receiving and how often. It won’t take long before you’re waiting for your
next report like a kid on Christmas morning.
SHARE YOUR GOALS
Goals are for setting and kicking, not for dreaming about. A good agency will ask you what your
goals are before creating a plan that ensures they are achievable. Openly discuss your goals and
ask exactly how your activity will be tracked in order to achieve them. This will involve insights
around traffic, ranking, conversions and followers to name but a few.
LAY OUT THE WELCOME MAT
Most agencies will want to access you webmaster and analytic tools accounts, so work with
them to ensure this information can be accessed seamlessly to ensure a relationship is
long lasting rather than a Hollywood romance.
THE DRIVER’S SEAT
An agency is only as good as the individuals behind it, so it is imperative to ask your agency
that will be responsible for your account. Transparency around this will help you to understand
who is responsible for setting and driving the strategy.
Here’s a handy checklist of questions you should ask:
- Who will be managing my account?
- What are their qualifications/experience?
- How long have they been with the company?
- Can you send me a link to their LinkedIn profile?
- Can you send me a link to their latest blog post?
OPEN BOOK POLICY
Engaging an agency is like any other relationship; you really want to know whom you’re dealing with.
Naturally you should feel free to ask for references, examples of work and even testimonials from
former and current clients. A good agency will be happy to provide you with this, a great agency will
offer it all without you needing to ask.
Start by asking a few questions about their most recent campaign or activity, such as:
- What they results were and what they feel could have been improved?
- How was the responsiveness of their point of contact?
- What types of results were delivered?
- How long did it take to see results?
- Have they ever failed to reach set goals in other campaigns?
- What sets them apart from their competitors?
- What is their company culture and what do they believe in?
A LITTLE ABOUT US
- While our website details our history, expertise and the goals we have kicked for businesses who
have come to us for our digital marketing prowess, here’s what we look like at a glance:
- We proudly work with clients across Australia, New Zealand as well as globally throughout the USA,
Europe and the United Kingdom.
- We are made up of experts across evolving technologies that have their finger on the digital pulse
and build strategies to meet business objectives.
- Our focus is on real time reporting so our clients can see exactly what their investment is
producing and gain a thorough understanding of the activity.
- We make ourselves totally accessible and work with marketing budgets starting at $4,000 per month,
delivering impressive ROI.
- More than just marketeers – we look at your entire business process and where we can
plug your leaking sales pipeline.
In fact we have even written a piece about just that – you can get it free here
- Naturally, we are experts in Facebook advertising, and award winners in Google Adwords
and Google display.
FREE DOWNLOADS? Sure.
We’re all about sharing our knowledge and have a valuable download for you to enjoy below.